Thursday, January 10, 2013

30 in 30 - #9: Spice It Up

I love growing herbs.  Oregano is one of my favorite fresh herbs!  Spaghetti sauces, breads, and chicken recipes are just a few foods that benefit from its slightly bitter taste.  If you want to grow oregano, I recommend planting it in a container.  Oregano is a perennial and quite prolific!  I planted a small oregano plant in my garden one year and it took over.  I like it, just not 4 square feet of it.  :-)  

This sprig is from the oregano plant in my kitchen.  I was inspired by the green and purple leaves, as well as the shape of the leaves.  The upside down leaf in the bottom right corner is my favorite.  

Watercolor on 140lb cold pressed paper 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Receive my paintings and blog updates in your Inbox