Friday, February 1, 2013

30 in 30 - #30: Guacamole Party!

Before, I had avocados.  Now, I have guacamole!  I'm gonna dip on in to celebrate this last painting in Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge!  I am proud of "running THROUGH the finish line"...and proud of the diced tomatoes and cilantro on top. :-)



I make a fast guacamole by mashing two avocados and mixing with my favorite salsa until I like the texture.  To finish I add salt to taste and serve with blue corn chips.  

When I want to take the time to make it from scratch, I consult one of my favorite foodies: Alton Brown.  His version takes some prep time but is sooo worth the effort.  Try some this weekend for your Super Bowl party!  

8 x 10 acrylic on stretched canvas

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's amazing! I love guacamole! Love the colors and the texture representations! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Receive my paintings and blog updates in your Inbox